Seasonal influenza vaccine is recommended and FREE for all people with the following criteria.
- People aged 65 years of age and older.
- Pregnant women, at any time during their pregnancy.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 15 years and older.
- Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities.
- Any person over six months of age with a condition predisposing them to severe influenza illness requiring regular medical follow-up or hospitalisation, including children aged six months to 10 years undergoing long-term asthma therapy, and people with:
- Cardiac disease
- Chronic respiratory conditions
- Down syndrome
- Immunocompromising conditions
- Diabetes and other metabolic disorders
- Chronic neurological conditions
- Renal disease
- Haematological disorders.
Brighton Medical Clinic will also stock influenza vaccines for patients who are not eligible for a free vaccine. The cost of the vaccine in this case is $20.00. It is recommended that travellers and people in certain occupations should also be vaccinated, but they may or may not be eligible for the free government-supplied vaccine.
It is recommended to mention to staff when you are making an appointment that you wish to have the flu vaccine. This will ensure we have the vaccine in